RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces a competitive selection process for the post of an ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the research staff of Molecular Mechanisms of Disease Lab based at Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology within Sonata-Bis project
Competitive selection process for the post of an ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the research staff of Molecular Mechanisms of Disease Lab based at Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology within Sonata-Bis project
We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist to join our group, who will be engaged in scientific project looking for the molecular background of increased endothelial permeability in iPSC-derived endothelial cells with mutation in HNF1A as occurring in HNF1A-MODY patients.
The selected candidate will join the group headed by dr Neli Kachamakova-Trojanowska, at Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology in Krakow, Poland.
The competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.3) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
1) Holding at least a doctoral degree;
2) Having relevant scientific achievements;
3) Taking active part in scientific life;
4) Having experience in teaching work – this requirement does not apply to candidates for positions in the research staff member group.
Specific required qualifications:
1. PhD degree in molecular biology or similar (biology, biochemistry, medical biology, biotechnology);
2. Extensive experience in cell biology and gene editing techniques as well as hands on imaging and FACS techniques; experience in cell calcium signaling analysis will be advantageous; experience in bioinformatic analysis or cell functional metabolomics will be advantageous,
3. English language at minimal B2+ level; ability to read, understand and write in scientific English;
4. usage and knowledge of computer software;
5. the successful candidate should have teamwork abilities, solicitude and scientific activity;
6. desire to learn and apply new research techniques.
Position: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 31.12.2021
Date of manufacture: 22.11.2021
Details of announcing in the attachment.