We are happy to announce that in June 2020 the Jagiellonian University will be opening registration for applicants to the doctoral school. Ph.D. Programme in Biomedical Sciences.
The Biomedical Sciences doctoral programme is supported by the Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology (MCB), Jagiellonian Centre for Experimental Therapeutics (JCET) and National Synchrotron Radiation Centre (SOLARIS).
We are seeking applications from exceptional students that are highly competent in English, to our Ph.D. programmed which will be offering Ph.D. studies in the following fields:
Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
- developmental biology
- structural biology
- chemical imaging
- microbial genomics
- cell systems and cell models including stem cells
- bionanotechnology and bionanochemistry
Jagiellonian Centre of Experimental Therapeutics
endothelial biomedicine including the following:
- experimental pharmacology of endothelium, vascular wall, and blood cells
- vascular drugs metabolism/ pharmacokinetics
- physiology, pathophysiology, biochemistry, bioanalysis of the endothelium, vascular wall and blood cells
- biochemical imaging of endothelium, vascular wall, and blood cells
National Synchrotron Radiation Centre Solaris
- chemical imaging and machine learning for cancer detection
Details of specific projects will be provided in June and applicants will be asked to provide a cover letter to say why they are interested in joining our Biomedical Science Doctoral School, their aspirations and an indication of the area of research in which they are interested and why. We will also ask for a CV and the names of referees.
Successful applicants will then work in at least one of the three excellent and international and interdisciplinary institutes based in Krakow – MCB, JCET or SOLARIS. The institutes are hiring international world-class scientists and publishing research at the highest level.