The selection procedure is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.3) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
• holding at least a doctoral degree;
• having relevant scientific achievements;
• taking active part in scientific life.
Additional requirements and expectations:
An ideal candidate will:
1. be highly motivated and interested in developing next generation nanomachine-based drug delivery systems,
2. have strong scientific background in structural biology, and, if possible in cryo-EM in particular,
3. Have at least some level of familiarity with DNA topoisomerases,
4. have at least 3 years’ experience in wet laboratory work, preferably involving bionanoscience or structural biology; experience in Cryo-EM analysis of biological macromolecules would be a bonus but not obligatory,
5. have published at least one scientific article in a peer-reviewed journal as the first author (If you have a reason not to have a publication, e.g. long-term reviewing process, patent application, etc., please mention it in the application),
6. have a self-development attitude and desire to establish their scientific career in the bionanoscience/structural biology field,
7. demonstrate ability to be a leader while also working well within a team with common goals,
8. be able to teach experimental techniques and scientific methodology to the students,
9. be proficient in spoken and written English,
10. fulfil requirements stemming from Regulations on awarding funding for research tasks funded by the National Science Centre as regards research projects including:
a. obtained a doctoral degree in the year of employment in the project or in the period of 7 years before January 1, 2023. (This period may be extended by the time spent on long-term (over 90 days) documented sickness benefits or rehabilitation benefits due to incapacity for work. In addition, this period may be extended by the number of months of leave related to the care and upbringing of children granted on the terms set out in the Labour Law, and in the case of women - by 18 months for each child born or adopted, if this method of indicating breaks in the scientific career is more favourable.),
b. obtained a doctoral degree in an entity other than Jagiellonian University, or completed at least 10-month, continuous and documented post-doctoral internship in an entity other than Jagiellonian University and in a country other than the country of obtaining the doctoral degree,
c. prof. Heddle is not a supervisor or assistant supervisor of candidate’s doctoral dissertation.
Position: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 13.04.2023
Date of manufacture: 27.03.2023
Details of announcing in the attachment.