Contest for a Postdoctoral position (protein structural biology) in the Laboratory of Bionanoscience and Biochemistry at the MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (NCN OPUS – NZ)
Rector of the Jagiellonian University announces a contest for a Postdoctoral position (protein structural biology) in the Laboratory of Bionanoscience and Biochemistry at the MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (NCN OPUS – NZ)
The laboratory of bionanoscience and biotechnology is an ambitious and expanding research hub for topoisomerase and biology/bionanoscience and is now actively recruiting Postdoctoral research candidates for fully funded positions lasting for 36 months.
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team investigating the structure and biochemistry of apicoplast gyrases found in important disease-causing parasites
The ideal candidate should fulfill the following:
1) Possess a PhD in biochemistry, structural biology, bioinformatics or related areas.
2) Have experience in protein structural biology, particularly X-ray crystallography including data collection, analysis and refinement and the interpretation of such data and/or have experience in structural bioinformatics.
3) Experience in cryo electron microscopy for high-resolution protein structure determination would be useful but not obligatory.
4) Have experience in protein production and purification
5) Familiarity with DNA gyrase would be useful though not obligatory
6) Have good written and oral communication skills in English
7) Have good skills of work management and experimental record keeping
8) Able to work collaboratively
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 05.06.2017
Date of manufacture: 28.04.2017
Published by: Paweł Dudek