RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces a competitive selection process for the two post ASSISTANT in the research staff in the Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory group at the MALOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY within the scope of Molecular Biology (project Opus 19, National Science Centre)
Competitive selection process for the two post ASSISTANT in the research staff in the Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory group at the MALOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY within the scope of Molecular Biology
The competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.4) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 166 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
1) Holding at least a Master’s degree, Master of Science degree or an equivalent degree;
2) Exhibiting aptitude for research work;
The Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory (lab of Kenji Yamada) is carrying out research analysing the function of plant endomembrane systems such as the endoplasmic reticulum, vacuoles and peroxisomes. The laboratory is looking for two postdoctoral scientists to join a OPUS project entitled Successful candidates will join a project that aims to understand detailed molecular aspects of a plant defense system based on glucosinolate-myrosinase system. The duration of the contract is six months, and can be extended for four years maximum, depend on the activity.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Analysis of transcriptional regulation for ER body formation that is involved in glucosinolate-myrosinase defence system,
2. Analysis of plant defence with establishing insect-plant or fungi-plant interaction assays,
3. Identification of new genes for glucosinolate-myrosinase defence system,
4. Cell biological and physiological analysis of newly identified factors in glucosinolate-myrosinase defence,
5. Work collaboratively with other laboratory members as a team.
Position: ASSISTANT RESEARCHER
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 14.05.2021
Date of manufacture: 15.04.2021
Details of announcing in the attachment.