RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces a competitive selection process for the post of an ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the research staff member group in the Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology Laboratory of Proteolysis and Posttranslational Modifications of Proteins research group in GRIEG project academic field: biochemistryThe competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.3) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
1) Holding at least a doctoral degree;
2) Having relevant scientific achievements;
3) Taking active part in scientific life.
Perfect candidate should have:
- knowledge of basic biochemical techniques, including western blot, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, enzymatic assays;
- experience in cell culture maintenance and experiments;
- experience in FACS analysis AND/OR fluorescent/confocal microscopy;
- experience in cell line genetic manipulation and gene silencing (CRSPR/Cas9, siRNA, cell transfection etc.)
- good knowledge of analytical software and techniques;
- knowledge of standard office and figure-preparation applications (MS Office, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or similar equivalents);
- fluent in written and spoken English
- experience in the conference presentation (oral/poster);
- international experience.
The candidates, who would like to take part in the competitive selection process, should submit the following documents to the secretary of Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology, Gronostajowa 7A, room ..3/12.. or electronically in .pdf format (max. file size is 50MB) by email to the following address email@example.com. In the title of the e-mail, please enter “Assistant Professor 2 – Application”.
1) application form;
3) personal questionnaire filled in by the candidate;
4) copy of the doctoral diploma or a diploma confirming the candidate’s habilitation degree, if applicable;
5) information on the candidate’s scientific, teaching and organisational achievements;
6) list of publications (along with the respective publishing houses and the number of pages);
7) doctoral dissertation or habilitation dissertation review, if applicable;
8) latest performance evaluation form, if the candidate was subject to such evaluation;
9) recommendation concerning the candidate’s research and teaching work, issued by the director of the organisational unit or a scientific supervisor, including the results of student surveys and evaluations, if the candidate was subject to such evaluation;
10) declaration of the candidate, confirming that the Jagiellonian University will be their primary place of work, should they be selected in the competitive selection process;
11) declaration under Article 113 of the Law on Higher Education and Science;
12) declaration on acknowledging and accepting the rules and regulations concerning intellectual property management and commercialisation in force at the Jagiellonian University;
13) information regarding processing of personal data.
Position: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR 2
Unit: MCB, UJ
Opening date: 18.05.2022
Application submission deadline: 01.06.2022
The competitive selection process will be concluded by: 08.06.2022
Date of manufacture: 11.05.2022
The Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
Declaration forms can be obtained at:http://www.cso.uj.edu.pl/-nauczyciele