The selection procedure is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.4) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
• holding at least a doctoral degree,
• having relevant scientific achievements,
• taking active part in scientific life,
• hold a PhD in a quantitative field like biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science or similar,
• demonstrate knowledge of the subject matter related to the content of the announced project,
• have excellent oral and written communication skills in English,
• have strong presentation skills (ideally having presented on at least one international conference),
• enjoy support of and interaction with other group members,
• fulfil formal criteria of the competition as specified by the National Science Foundation (see section 2.1.1 here, in Polish).
Additional requirements and expectations:
• have extensive experience of using a major programming language (e.g., R, Python, C/C++, Java) for data analysis purposes,
• have experience in designing bioinformatic pipelines (e.g., via an existing GitHub repository),
• demonstrate in-depth knowledge in at least one of the following research areas: structural biology, phage biology, microbiology, next-generation sequence data genomics,
• have a strong track record of published research and presenting at international conferences.
Position: ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 12.02.2023
Date of manufacture: 10.01.2023
Details of announcing in the attachment.