Contest for a Masters student position (protein biochemistry) in the Laboratory of Bionanoscience and Biochemistry at the MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (NCN OPUS – NZ)
Rector of the Jagiellonian University announces a contest for a Masters student position (protein biochemistry)
in the Laboratory of Bionanoscience and Biochemistry at the MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (NCN OPUS – NZ)
The laboratory of bionanoscience and biotechnology is an ambitious and expanding research hub for topoisomerase and biology/bionanoscience and is now actively recruiting Masters student candidates for fully funded positions lasting for 28 months with the possibility of further extension.
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team investigating the structure and biochemistry of apicoplast gyrases found in important disease-causing parasites
The ideal candidate should fulfill the following requirements:
1) Possess an undergraduate degree in biochemistry, structural biology or related areas.
2) Have experience in protein production and purification
3) Have experience in DNA gyrase production
4) Have experience in DNA gyrase activity and inhibition tests
4) Have good written and oral communication skills in English
5) Have good skills of work management and experimental record keeping
6) Able to work across disciplines and be willing to gain expertise in new areas
7) Able to work collaboratively
8) Must be registered (or expect to be registered) as a Masters student on the start date of the position
Position: Masters student
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 05.06.2017
Date of manufacture: 18.05.2017
Details of announcing in the attachment.
Published by: Paweł Dudek