Competition for the position of ASSISTANT RESEARCHER in the Bionanoscience and Biochemistry Laboratory at Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology within the scope of protein engineering.
We are now recruiting a scientist who will be involved in the research project to develop a new method for the engineering of supercharged proteins. The project offers you the opportunity to gain experience in laboratory evolution, a most powerful approach to endow proteins with user-defined function, as well as in protein cage-based technology, a hot research topic fueled by prospective applications in catalysis and medicine. You will be mentored by Dr. Yusuke Azuma, (https://www.azumag.com/) as a member of the prof. Jonathan Heddle’s laboratory, located at the Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology in the beautiful city of Krakow, Poland.
Who Can Apply:
- highly motivated to pursue protein engineering project;
- have at least 4-year experience in wet laboratory work, preferably in directed evolution of proteins;
- have background studies in one of the fields related to this project, e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology, cell biology and chemical biology;
- published at least one scientific article in a peer-reviewed journal as the first author; (If you have a special reason not to have a publication, e.g. long-term reviewing process, patent application, etc., please mention it in the application.)
- have self-development attitude to establish his/her scientific career in a relative scientific realm;
- can cooperatively work with the colleagues in the Institutes;
- proficient in spoken and written English.
- Full-time position lasting for up to 1 year (with an extension possibility).
- Access to the basic and modern research instruments for molecular biology and nanotechnology (fluorescent-activated cell sorting (FACS), cryo-transmission electron microscopy, spectrometers, dynamic light scattering, chromatography pump system, etc.)
- Opportunities to present your work at international conferences.
- Ability to join an international and dynamic group of researchers.
- Excellent training: In our diverse group you will be able to network with international researchers, experience about new skills including in DNA origami design, enzyme biochemistry, structural biology, protein design etc.
How to Apply:
Send applications (as PDF file(s), written in English and using at least 11pt font size) directly by e-mail to the project leader, Dr. Yusuke Azuma (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications should be marked “Sonata_PD” and include the followings:
A: Motivation letter, describing why you want to join our group and what you can bring to us
B. Curriculum vitae
C. Brief description of your previous work (up to 2 pages)
D. List of publications
E. Copy of the certificate for your highest academic degree.
F. Two referees including a former supervisor.
G. Agreement for personal data processing (Download the format here)
Applications submission deadline: 18 September 2022
Decision of the competition shall be made by: 30 September 2022
The project starting date: 01 October 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter