RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces a competitive selection process for the post of an ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the research staff of Molecular Mechanisms of Disease Lab based at Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology within SONATA BIS project
We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist to join our group, who will be engaged in scientific project looking for the molecular background of increased endothelial permeability in iPSC-derived endothelial cells with mutation in HNF1A as occurring in HNF1A-MODY patients.
The selected candidate will join the group headed by dr Neli Kachamakova-Trojanowska, at Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology in Krakow, Poland.
The competitive selection process is open for all individuals, who meet the requirements set out in Articles 113 and 116.2.3) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science, and who meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University:
1) Holding at least a doctoral degree;
2) Having relevant scientific achievements;
3) Taking active part in scientific life;
4) Having experience in teaching work – this requirement does not apply to candidates for positions in the research staff member group.
Specific required qualifications:
- PhD degree in molecular biology or similar (biology, biochemistry, medical biology, biotechnology);
- Extensive experience in cell biology and gene editing techniques as well as hands on imaging and FACS techniques; experience in cell calcium signaling analysis will be advantageous; experience in bioinformatic analysis or cell functional metabolomics will be advantageous.
- English language at minimal B2+ level; ability to read, understand and write in scientific English;
- usage and knowledge of computer software;
- the successful candidate should have teamwork abilities, solicitude and scientific activity;
- desire to learn and apply new research techniques.
Additional requirements due to employment in the frame of the NCN-funded Sonata-Bis project:
- in the last two years before taking up employment in the project, the person was not employed under an employment contract in the entity where the research project will be implemented;
- obtained a doctoral degree not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (taking into account the breaks specified in the definition of a post-doc type position contained in the Regulations on awarding funds for the implementation of tasks financed by the National Science Center).