RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces competition for the position of ASSISTANT RESEARCHER in the Bionanoscience and BiochemistryLaboratory at MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY within the scope of biochemistry/molecular biology
Competition for the position of ASSISTANT RESEARCHER in the Bionanoscience and BiochemistryLaboratory at MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY within the scope of biochemistry/molecular biology
We are now recruiting a scientist who will be involved in the research project to understand the molecular mechanism of the guest packaging and its impact on the catalytic activity of the vitamin B2 synthesizing compartment, riboflavin synthase/lumazine synthase complex.The project offers you the opportunity to gain experience in laboratory evolution, a most powerful approach to endow proteins with user-defined function, as well as in protein cage-based technology, a hot research topic fueled by prospective applications in catalysis and medicine. You will be mentored by Dr. Yusuke Azuma, (https://www.azumag.com/) as a member of the prof. Jonathan Heddle’s laboratory, located at the Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology in the beautiful city of Krakow, Poland.
Who Can Apply:
This assistant researcher post is for a person who fulfils requirements stated in the Article 113, 116 (2) (4) of the Act of 20th July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science of Poland and meet the following eligibility criteria according to § 166 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University, and who holds a master, master of engineer, or equivalent degree with an outstanding, high grade master/doctoral thesis, evaluated by academic tutors.
More specific criteria to peruse the project and to join the research team are the following:
1. highly motivated to pursue protein engineering project
2. have at least 4-year experience in wet laboratory work, preferably in directed evolution of proteins
3. have background studies in one of the fields related to this project, e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology, cell biology and chemical biology.
4. published at least one scientific article in a peer-reviewed journal as the first author.
(If you have a special reason not to have a publication, e.g. long-term reviewing process, patent application, etc., please mention it in the application.)
5. have self-development attitude to establish his/her scientific career in a relative scientific realm
6. can cooperatively work with the colleagues in the institutes
7. can teach experimental techniques to students
8. proficient in spoken and written English.
Position: ASSISTANT RESEARCHER
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 30.04.2021
Date of manufacture: 17.03.2021
Details of announcing in the attachment.