RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces competition for the post of an ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (ADJUNCT) in the faculty staff group in the Bioinformatics Research Group at the MALOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (funded by the National Science Centre SONATA 15 programme)
1) Holding at least a doctoral degree;
2) Having relevant scientific achievements;
3) Taking active part in scientific life;
4) Having experience in teaching work – this requirement does not apply to candidates for positions in the the research staff member group.
Additional specific requirements:
- PhD degree in computer science, biology, bioinformatics, physics, mathematics or related disciplines,
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English,
- expertise in at least one programming language (esp. Python),
- expertise metagenomic data analysis or in machine learning,
- ability to collaborate,
- enjoy interdisciplinary work,
- understanding of communication and interactions with other members of the Group, collaborators and other members of the Centre.
The deadline for submitting documents: 30.04.2021