DIRECTOR OF MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY at Jagiellonian University announces a competition for a Doctoral Student Scholarshipin the Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory within the scope of Molecular Biology (project Sonata 15, National Science Centre)
Competition for a Doctoral Student Scholarshipin the Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory within the scope of Molecular Biology (project Sonata 15, National Science Centre)
The Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory offers a possibility for one student to complete a Ph.D. Programme in Biomedical Sciences in the Doctoral School. The scholarship for this position will be covered from a research project, lasting for up to 3 years. The successful candidate will be involved in the research project titled: Molecular insight into the mechanism of micro-authophagy in land plants. Autophagy is now a popular keyword, but have you ever heard of "micro-autophagy"? The analysis of micro-autophagy in plants has just started in the world. We are looking for a student who can help us to understand the molecular mechanisms of micro-autophagy by using bioimaging, genetic and cell biology analysis in the model plant Arabidopsis.
The competition will take place as part of the recruitment for the Biomedical Sciences Programme under a special competition procedure, organized together with the Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences of the Jagiellonian University.
The ideal candidate should:
1) Possess at least a master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Botany or similar field
2) Have experience with molecular biological experiment, genetics in plants
3) Have strong experience with molecular biology and cell biology (Techniques of DNA, RNA and protein extraction, PCR, qPCR and western blotting).
4) Have experience with molecular biological analysis in a model plant Arabidopsis thaliana would be an advantageous
5) Have good communication and writing skills in English
6) Have good knowledge of molecular biology and cell biology and motivation for experimental works
7) be registered (or expect to be registered) as a PhD student on the start date of the position
Position: Doctoral Student Scholarshipin
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 01.10.2020 (12:00)
Date of manufacture: 14.08.2020
Details of announcing in the attachment.