DIRECTOR OF MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY announces a competition for a STUDENT RESEARCHER in PROGRAMMABLE PROTEIN ENGINEERING (NCN Maestro – NZ) at the Bionanoscience and Biochemistry Laboratory
The bionanoscience and biochemistry laboratory is recruiting a masters student for a fully-funded position with a duration of up to two years. The successful candidate will study towards their master’s degree while working with a dedicated and motivated team working at the frontiers of protein nanoscience developing new protein structures based on our recent discoveries published in Nature (https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-019-1185-4). You will develop work on a project developing and filling programmable protein cage structures cargo molecules, contributing to the production of smart medical protein nanorobotics. You will learn relevant techniques of protein production and design as well as cell biology with the option to also learn some structural biology techniques, particularly cryo-EM.
Who can apply
The ideal candidate should fulfill the following criteria:
• Possess at least an undergraduate degree in molecular biology, structural biology, biochemistry or related areas.
• Be motivated to study protein bionanoscience
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Have good skills of work management and experimental record keeping.
• Able to work across disciplines and be willing to gain expertise in new areas.
• Able to work collaboratively
Position: STUDENT RESEARCHER
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 17.07.2020
Date of manufacture: 17.06.2020
Details of announcing in the attachment.