DIRECTOR OF MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY announces a competition for a DOCTORAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP in PROGRAMMABLE PROTEIN ENGINEERING (NCN Maestro – NZ) at the Bionanoscience and Biochemistry Laboratory
The bionanoscience and biochemistry laboratory is recruiting a doctoral student for a fully-funded position with a duration of up to four years. The successful candidate will work with a dedicated and motivated team working at the frontiers of protein nanoscience developing new protein structures based on our recent discoveries published in Nature (https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-019-1185-4). You will develop new ways of filling programmable protein cage structures with therapeutically useful molecules, ultimately building smart medical protein nanorobotics. You will learn relevant techniques of protein production and design as well as cell biology with the option to also learn some structural biology techniques, particularly cryo-EM.
Who can apply
The ideal candidate should fulfill the following criteria:
• Possess master, master of engineer or equivalent degree in molecular biology, structural biology, biochemistry.
• Be motivated to study protein bionanoscience
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Have good skills of work management and experimental record keeping.
• Able to work across disciplines and be willing to gain expertise in new areas.
• Able to work collaboratively
Position: DOCTORAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 17.07.2020
Date of manufacture: 16.06.2020
Details of announcing in the attachment.