DIRECTOR of Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology at Jagiellonian University announces a competition for a position of MASTER’s STUDENT in Bionanoscience and Biochemistry Laboratory within the scope of PROTEIN ENGINEERING(NCN Sonata
The bionanoscience and biochemistry laboratory is recruiting now a Master’s student for a fully funded position lasting for up to 2 years. The successful candidate will be involved in the research project to engineer supercharged proteins. The project offers you the opportunity to gain experience in laboratory evolution, a most powerful approach to endow proteins with user-defined function, as well as in protein cage-based technology, a hot research topic fueled by prospective applications in catalysis and medicine. You will be mentored by Dr. Yusuke Azuma, (https://www.azumag.com/) as a member of the prof. Jonathan Heddle’s laboratory, located at the Małopolska Center of Biotechnology in the beautiful city of Krakow, Poland.
Who Can Apply:
The ideal candidate must hold an undergraduate degree and be registered as a Master’s student at an educational unit in Poland on the start date of the position. More specific criteria to peruse the program and to join the research team are the following:
1. eager to acquire experimental skills in directed evolution of proteins
2. have background study in one of the fields related to this project*, e.g. molecular biology,biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology, cell biology and nanotechnology.
3. have good written and communication skills in English
* Additional specialized experimental skills will be taught by the project leader.
• Student scholarship of 2,000 PLN /month for up to 24 months
• Laboratory workspace and supervision to develop your Master’s thesis
• Access to the basic and modern research instruments including spectrometers, fluorescentactivated cell sorting, transmission electron and confocal microscopy, etc.
• Opportunities to present your work in international conferences
• Ability to join an international and dynamic group of researchers
• Excellent training and experience to develop your skills in protein design and production,
directed evolution, enzyme kinetics, structural biology, cell biology, nanoparticle analysis etc.
Position: MASTER STUDENT
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 21.06.2020
Date of manufacture: 12.05.2020
Details of announcing in the attachment.