RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces competition for the post of ADJUNCT PROFESSOR MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY within the scope of BIOPHYSICS
For the post of adjunct professor may apply persons who fulfil requirements stated in Article 113, 116 (2) (3) of the Act of 20th July 2018 Law on higher education and science, as well as in § 165 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University, who meet the following qualification requirements:
- hold at least the academic degree of doktor,
- their doctoral or habilitation thesis was given high grades,
- relevant academic achievements involving apart from doctoral thesis also other important works,
- active participation in academic life involving particularly presentations at conferences and symposiums,
- positive opinion of the head of department/chair or academic tutor on candidate’s qualifications and suitability for research and teaching classes.
The ideal candidate should:
1. Should have a PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or a related discipline.
2. Must know English at an advanced level, allowing for fluent conversation and preparation of scientific publications.
3. Should have knowledge of photobiology, skills related to the measurement of light parameters, experience in working in a darkroom, experience with fluorescent and confocal microscopy, as well as scanning probe microscopy, e.g. AFM.
4. Have a very good knowledge of at least one programming language used for building software for analysis of microscopic images (e.g. C++ or Java). The candidate should have experience in writing libraries or stand-alone software for microscopy.
5. Have experience working with general-use computational software (e.g. MATLAB or Mathematica) and statistical software (e.g. R or SPSS).
Position: ADJUNCT PROFESSOR
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 01.11.2019
Date of manufacture: 02.10.2019
Details of announcing in the attachment.