RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces competition for the post of research assistant at the Laboratory of Proteolysis and Posttranslational Modifications of Proteins at the MALOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (funded by NCN, SONATA BIS).
Laboratory of Proteolysis and Posttranslational Modifications of Proteins (Tomasz Kantyka, PhD) is ambitious and still developing research group, analyzing impact of proteolytic modifications on bacterial pathogenesis, immune response and signal transduction in eukaryotes. The chosen candidate will join multidisciplinary team working under Sonata Bis research project, funded by NCN, which aims at elucidation of the effect of proteolysis and posttranslational modifications on functions of ghrelin, an appetite-modulating hormone. We offer employment in the young team with good working atmosphere and deep interest in the research.
For the post of assistant researcher may apply persons who fulfil requirements stated in Article 113, 116 (2) (4) of the Act of 20th July 2018 Law on higher education and science and meet the following qualification requirements:
- hold the degree of magister, magister inżynier or an equivalent degree,
- prepared an outstanding magister degree thesis confirmed by opinion of academic tutor or doctoral thesis confirmed by high grade,
- provide positive opinion of the head of department/chair or academic tutor on candidate’s suitability work in the post of academic teacher
The perfect candidate should:
- Hold an experience in basic laboratory techniques (biochemistry and molecular biology), including electrophoresis of DNA/protein, Western blot, ELISA, kinetic measurements of enzyme activity using absorbance- and fluorescence-based methods, PCR, cloning, DNA/RNA transfection of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, liquid chromatography on analytical and semi-preparative scale in FPLC/HPLC systems. Requirements also include the bacterial culture techniques (with preference towards anaerobic microorganisms), animal material preparation and analysis (tisuue/organ isolation, homogenisation, preparation of materials for biochemical and histochemical analysis), whole-blood cell fraction isolation
- Preferred additional advantages include experience with animal and in vitro infection models, FACS and microscopy experience
- Candidate must be a fluent English speaker, with at least advanced skills, allowing fluent conversation and preparation of research publications, conference materials and presentations etc.
Position: Research Assistant
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 05.10.2019
Date of manufacture: 05.09.2019
Details of announcing in the attachment.