Head of Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology Project announces a contest for two PhD student positions in the Max Planck Research group at the MAŁOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (NCN OPUS16 - NZ)
The ideal candidate should:
1) Possess at magister/master degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular cell biology or any related field of life sciences
2) Have the qualification for being enrolled in a polish PhD program
3) Have a strong expertise in molecular biology, protein biochemistry and structural biology
4) Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English (essential)
5) Have good presentation skills (ideally having presented his/her work on a national/international conference)
6) Show a good level of independence, self-motivation and reliability
7) enjoy working in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
Candidate should submit the following documents (in English) to the Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology office, Cracow ul. Gronostajowa 7A, room 3/12 or electronically via email: firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Application/motivation letter
3) A copy of the master/magister degree
4) List of previous scientific activities
5) At least one letter of support from an academic supervisor
6) A statement of knowledge and acceptance of the rules on intellectual property and legal protection of intellectual property
7) A statement on the processing of personal data: https://cawp.uj.edu.pl/wynagrodzenia/stypendia
Forms for points 3 and 5 can be downloaded from http://www.dso.uj.edu.pl/druki-do-pobrania/dokumenty-dla-kandydatow-pracownikow
Conditions of employment: Stipend contract (36 months)
The students will be involved in the project “Molecular Characterization of large tRNA modification Complexes” financed with the OPUS16 program of NCN.
The competition start date: 26/08/2019.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 08/09/2019.
The competition will be settled by: 20/09/2019.
The Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
Details of the announcing in the attachment.