RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces competition for the position of Scientific Assistant in the Bioinformatics Research group at the MALOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (funded by NAWA POLISH RETURNS 2018)
Competition for the position of Scientific Assistant in the Bioinformatics Research group at the MALOPOLSKA CENTRE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (funded by NAWA POLISH RETURNS 2018)
For the post of assistant researcher may apply persons who fulfil requirements stated in Article 113, 116 (2) (4) of the Act of 20th July 2018 Law on higher education and science and meet the following qualification requirements:
- hold the degree of doctor, magister, magister inżynier or an equivalent degree,
- prepared an outstanding magister degree thesis confirmed by opinion of academic tutor or doctoral thesis confirmed by high grade,
- provide positive opinion of the head of department/chair or academic tutor on candidate’s suitability work in the post of academic teacher.
- MSc title in maths, computer science, or related, OR a PhD in a quantitative fields such as biology, bioinformatics, physics, mathematics, or computer science
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English,
- expertise in at least one programming language (esp. Python),
- ability to collaborate,
- enjoy interdisciplinary work,
- understanding of communication and interactions with other members of the Group, collaborators and other members of the Centre.
More information may be found at: http://tomaszlab.org/associate
Candidates who apply for the post are required to file in to the Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology office, Krakow, ul. Gronostajowa 7A, room 3/12 or electronically in the pdf format (max size: 50 MB) by email to: email@example.com. In email title please include “research associate” and your first and last names in the email subject and the following documents:
2. Curriculum vitae,
3. Personal questionnaire,
4. Copy of magister degree diploma or doctoral diploma,
5. If applicable - list of publications (including publishing house and number of pages),
6. Information regarding classes taught by a candidate, if applicable,
7. Form of the latest interim evaluation, if a candidate was evaluated,
8. Opinion of the head of department or academic tutor on candidate’s suitability for teaching classes (including results of students’ questionnaires, if a candidate was assessed in this manner) and his/her academic activity,
9. Statement declaring that Jagiellonian University will be the basic place of employment in the case of being employed in the competition procedure.
10. Statement – in accordance with Article 113 of the Act Law on higher education and science.
11. Statement regarding acquaintance and acceptance of intellectual property rules as well as legal protection of intellectual property.
12. Information regarding personal data processing.
Competition commencement date: 14/08/2019
Applications can be filed till: 13/09/2019
Decision regarding competition settlement shall be made till: 16/09/2019
Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
Statement forms can be downloaded on the website: