RECTOR of the Jagiellonian University announces competition for the post of ADJUNKT PROFESSOR in the Crystallab at MBC as part of the project implementation "Novel approaches for diabetes management by combination of inhibition of DYRK1A kinase and stem cell application" financed by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange as part of the Polish Returns programme
Competition for the post of ADJUNKT PROFESSOR in the Crystallab at MBC as part of the project implementation "Novel approaches for diabetes management by combination of inhibition of DYRK1A kinase and stem cell application"
For the post of adjunct professor may apply persons who fulfil requirements stated in Article 113, 116 (2) (3) of the Act of 20th July 2018 Law on higher education and science, as well as in § 163 of the Statute of the Jagiellonian University, who meet the following qualification requirements:
- hold at least the academic degree of doctor,
- their doctoral or habilitation thesis was given high grades,
- relevant academic achievements involving apart from doctoral thesis also other important works,
- active participation in academic life involving particularly presentations at conferences and symposiums,
- positive opinion of the head of department/chair or academic tutor on candidate’s qualifications and suitability for research and teaching classes,
- ability to teach classes, confirmed by opinion of the head of department/chair.
The postdoctoral fellow (Ph.D holder) is expected to have prior knowledge and experience in:
• cell culture which involves: preparation, characterization and isolation using multi-color flow cytometry, primary cell isolation and expansion from small human biopsies and mouse organs;
• animal models: basic handling and maintenance of mice; knowledge in the molecular analysis to evaluate their protein, RNA and DNA profiles;
• performing in vitro assays such as cell commitment, proliferation, damage and death;
• use immunolabeling techniques and operate the confocal microscope;
• knowledge in gene editing using CRISPR/Cas9 would be advantageous
Position: ADJUNKT PROFESSOR
Unit: Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology
The deadline for submitting documents: 31.08.2019
Date of manufacture: 01.08.2019
Details of announcing in the attachment.